We attempt -- or avoid -- difficult conversations every day. Whether dealing with an underperforming employee, disagreeing with a spouse, or negotiating with a client, difficult conversations are something we all have trouble having.
From the Harvard Negotiation Project, the organization that brought you Getting to Yes, Difficult Conversations provides a step-by-step approach to having those tough conversations with less stress and more success. You'll learn how to:
- Decipher the underlying structure of every difficult conversation
- Start a conversation without defensiveness
- Listen for the meaning of what is not said
- Stay balanced in the face of attacks and accusations
- Move from emotion to productive problem solving
Filled with examples from everyday life, Difficult Conversations will help you at home, on the job, or out in the world. It is a book you'll turn to again and again for advice, practical skills, and reassurance.
- Additional Information
Name Difficult Conversations (CD) SKU 48.23060A
- Bought Together