The past 12 months have seen the most significant developments in employee benefits in almost four decades! It's no easy task dealing with employee welfare benefits plans. The assorted programs are complex, heavily regulated, and continuously changing.
The newly revised and expanded Employee Benefits Answer Book will help you every step of the way, ensuring you understand precisely what you have to do - and when you have to do it - to keep your plans in full compliance with the sweeping new changes.
The all-new edition of Employee Benefits Answer Book will help you:
- Set the best Health Care Reform Act strategy for your company and your clients
- Keep in compliance with current and coming requirements
- Find clear answers to hundreds of employee benefits questions
- Avoid costly errors related to employee benefits administration
- Resolve employee benefits issues quickly and effectively
- And much more!
The all-new Tenth Edition provides benefits professionals with the guidance and deadlines you need to know to stay in compliance with Health Care Reform Act provisions such as:
- Restrictions on lifetime and annual benefit limits
- Restrictions on preexisting conditions
- Prohibition on retroactive coverage cancellations
- Prohibition on discrimination
- Mandatory preventive care benefits
- New employer reporting requirements
- Automatic enrollment rules
- Cap on FSA contributions
- "Pay or play" mandate for large employers
- Restrictions on maximum waiting periods
- New American Health Benefit Exchanges
- New Small Business Health Opportunity Program (SHOP Exchanges) for small employers
- Excise tax on "Cadillac" health insurance coverage
- And More!
The Health Care Reform Act came on the heels of a host of other major legal and regulatory developments during the past year. Employee Benefits Answer Book, Tenth Edition covers them all and provides you with extensive and up-to-date guidance on:
- The new parity requirements for mental health and substance abuse disorder benefits under the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008 (MHPAEA)
- The comparability requirements for health savings accounts
- Updated rules under the Family and Medical Leave Act, including the requirements for family military leave
- The latest information on the COBRA premium subsidy for involuntarily terminated employees
- The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA) and its impact on group health and welfare benefit plans
- The new disability nondiscrimination requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA)
- New requirements under the HITECH Act to protect the privacy and security of employees' personal health information
- And much more!
- Additional Information
- Bought Together