From designing a cost-effective new health care plan, administering an existing plan, and to comply with the many state and federal rules that govern health benefit plans; you know how difficult it is to manage your company's group health insurance. With Aspen Publishers' Health Insurance Answer Book, you get expert guidance and practice-based answers to all types of questions about today's health insurance marketplace, including:
- Are there any guidelines on medical tourism? - What are the issues related to implementation of a "full flex" plan?
- What is the role of an intermediary?
- Can onsite health clinics save money?
- Are there any new developments regarding the use of captives for retiree health insurance? - What is electronic prescribing?
- What is comparative effectiveness research?
The Ninth Edition brings the reader up to date on legislative and regulatory developments and on industry changes in this area. It includes: A special Health Care Reform Briefing; A new chapter on eligibility; A new chapter on vendor selection; A new glossary; Information on a flurry of new laws affecting employee benefit plans; and Updated guidance on HSAs
Results from the 2008 United Benefit Advisors (UBA) survey of plan design and costs, include responses from small and midsized employers who sponsor most of the health plans in the United States. In addition, the Ninth Edition of Health Insurance Answer Book includes a special 2010 Legislative Update. Highlights include:
- COBRA Subsidy Extended
- Military Family Leave Expanded
- HHS Expands HIPAA Penalties under the HITECH Act
- Agencies Issue Interim Rules under GINA
- HHS & FTC Issue Final ARRA Security Breach Rules
- EEOC Issues ADAAA Regulations
- Good News for Sponsors of Health Flexible Spending Accounts
- Additional Information
Name Health Insurance Answer Book, Ninth Edition SKU 48.11071-9 Year published 2010 Page count 1092 Publisher Aspen Publishers ISBN 978-0735582187 Author John C. Garner
- Bought Together