The harassment and discrimination desk reference for every HR professional and manager.
Employees filed more than 95,000 discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims against their employers in 2008, with the biggest jump occurring in age discrimination and retaliation claims. In these tough economic times, it's evident that more employees are considering taking their grievances to court.
Enter The Essential Guide to Workplace Harassment & Discrimination, the essential reference for human resources professionals, managers and supervisors who are responsible for addressing and preventing harassment and discrimination problems in the workplace. Taking into consideration the practical realities of applying the law in everyday situations, this guide answers common questions that you're likely to encounter regularly.
Though you'll read thorough explanations, in plain English, of the important legal principles that professionals must understand in order to deal with discrimination in the workplace, you'll also get samples, quizzes and audio scenarios that will help you to apply these principles in real-world situations. Find guidance on:
- what harassment is and how to stop it
- when and how discrimination occurs
- how to draft and communicate effective policies
- how to conduct training
- how to handle employee complaints and investigate claims thoroughly
- how to protect the company with proper documentation
- what to expect if an employee files a charge or lawsuit
The Essential Guide to Workplace Harassment & Discrimination is packed with legal strategies and information for busy managers, giving you the tools to protect your employees -- and the company -- from workplace harassment and discrimination.
- Litigation Calendar
- Intake Form—Employee Complaint
- Policy Distribution Log
- Policy Prohibiting Discrimination and Harassment
- Acknowledgment of Receipt of Policy
- Additional Information
Name Handling Workplace Harassment & Discrimination SKU 48.63502 Year published 2009 Page count 344 Publisher NOLO ISBN 9781413310498 Author Deborah C. England
- Bought Together