The Guide to Employment Law Compliance, 7th Edition, is broken down into stages of the employment lifecycle, so you’ll be able to focus on specific topics from recruitment to termination and everything in between. Since the book was written by the legal experts at Seyfarth Shaw, you can be sure that the information you’re using is accurate and that you’re meeting all your obligations. It also includes more practical information you can use right away.
Major Topics Covered
Uniquely organized around the entire employee life-cycle, Guide to Employment Law Compliance, 7th Edition is a comprehensive resource making it easier and more cost effective to find accurate answers on a broad range of employment topics you’re likely to face every day.
Developed and written by the experts at Seyfarth Shaw LLP — one of the most widely known and largest management labor and employment law firms in the country — Guide to Employment Law Compliance, 7th Edition provides more than 700 pages of actionable material to help you protect your company, your department and yourself in the months ahead and brings you all the current information you need to stay in compliance including:
• COBRA subsidy for laid-off workers
• Qualifying military exigency leave under the FMLA
• Criminal background checks
• Immigration laws, and the E-Verify program
• Recruitment and hiring. Fair Credit Reporting Act, job descriptions, new hire reporting, immigration and more.
• Employee management. Employee handbooks, performance evaluation, workplace privacy and technology, negligent supervision and retention, discipline and more.
• Wage and hour issues. Wages and hours, child labor, independent contractors, temporary and leased workers, telecommuting and more.
• Termination. Individual terminations, Workforce Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) and more.
• And more!
With this book, you will also receive an audio conference CD titled "On Again; Off Again: Can you Control Intermittent Leave Under the FMLA?" Earn 1.5 HRCI credits! This 90-minute interactive audio conference will provide you with practical guidelines on how to administer intermittent leave and reduce disruption.
- Additional Information
- Bought Together