- The first book to identify six unique strengths that can make introverts powerful influencers
- Includes quizzes, exercises, and worksheets for putting quiet influencer methods into practice on a daily basis
- Features interviews with and examples of real-life quiet influencers
- Companion online product: Quiet Influence Quotient (QIQ) Self-Assessment
Introverts may feel powerless in a world where extroverts seem to rule, but there’s more than one way to have some sway. As Jennifer Kahnweiler proves in this much-needed book, introverts can be highly effective influencers when, instead of trying to act like extroverts, they use their natural strengths. Kahnweiler shows how you can use those strengths to challenge the status quo, provoke new ways of thinking, effect change, and inspire others to move forward.
Kahnweiler identifies six unique strengths introverts have:
- Taking Quiet Time: The periods of solitude that introverts crave provide them with a powerful source of creativity and self-awareness.
- Preparation: Careful preparation, which makes introverts feel more comfortable, also makes them very knowledgeable and able to anticipate objections.
- Writing: Introverts’ preference for writing over speaking enables them to influence others through deep, authentic, well-developed arguments.
- Engaged Listening: Introverts are great listeners—they’d rather listen than talk—which is a crucial skill for establishing rapport and mutual understanding.
- Focused Conversation: Introverts don’t like small talk, but they excel at the serious, purpose-driven, one-on-one interactions vital for winning people over.
- Thoughtful Use of Social Media: Oversharing doesn’t appeal to introverts online any more than it does offline, so they naturally use social media in a thoughtful, and more effective, way.
Kahnweiler includes a Quiet Influence Quotient quiz to measure how well you’re using these six strengths now. Then, through questions, tools, exercises, and real-world examples, she helps you increase your mastery of these strengths. Quiet Influence is the must-have guide to deeper insight and greater impact that introverts have been waiting for and that extroverts can learn from.
- Additional Information
Name Quiet Influence: The Introvert's Guide to Making a Difference SKU 48.98119 Year published 2013 Page count 168 Publisher Berrett-Koehler ISBN 9781609945626 Author Jennifer Kahnweiler Format Paperback
- Bought Together