California Workplace Law
MCLE Hours: 6
Approved for HR and California Credit
- Is a generalist or senior specialist.
- Typically has 3-7 years of HR experience.
- Manages projects or program.
- Holds a formal title such as, but not limited to, HR Manager, Generalist, or Senior Specialist.
- Critical Evaluation
Program Overview This seminar focuses on some of the most challenging areas of California law for human resource professionals and covers key issues, from hiring to the end of employment, that employers face regularly. Program Objectives
- Gain a solid foundation of the critical issues that arise in California employment law.
- Effectively apply knowledge of California law to pre-employment practices.
- Avoid common California Labor Code violations.
- Recognize workplace privacy issues and adhere to the applicable California laws.
- Effectively manage leave issues, Fair Employment and Housing Act disability issues, and health insurance issues.
Daily Schedule ONE-DAY PROGRAM 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
**These are Seminar prices only and do not apply to the courses offered at SHRM conferences.
Transfers and Cancellation
Transfers are permitted one time only within the calendar year. Transfer requests must be submitted in writing via e-mail or fax, no later than 10 business days before the program start date. You may transfer into another program that will be held before December 31, 2014. If you are unable to attend the program to which you transfer, you may send a replacement. If you are unable to send a replacement, you forfeit your registration fee. All transfers must be made in writing using our online form or can be faxed to +1.703.535.6490.
All cancellations must be in writing using our online form or can be faxed to +1.703.535.6490. Should the program be cancelled, SHRM is not responsible for any penalty incurred by purchasing a nonrefundable airline ticket or related travel/personal costs. Confirmed registrants may cancel and receive a full refund minus a $250 administrative fee up to 10 business days before the program. If you find that you are unable to attend and it is less than 10 business days before the program start date, you may send a replacement to attend in your place. If you are unable to send a replacement, you forfeit your registration fee.