California Base Compensation
Approved for HR and California Credit
- Is a specialist in a specific support function or a generalist with limited experience.
- Typically has 0-2 years of HR experience.
- Holds a formal title such as, but not limited to, HR Assistant, Junior Recruiter, or Benefits Clerk.
- Is a generalist or senior specialist.
- Typically has 3-7 years of HR experience.
- Manages projects or program.
- Holds a formal title such as, but not limited to, HR Manager, Generalist, or Senior Specialist.
- Critical Evaluation
- Leadership & Navigation
Program Overview This program is an excellent and unique opportunity to learn the fundamentals of base compensation with an emphasis on pay-for-performance, compensation philosophy, merit pay and examples of other practical compensation practices, such as writing job descriptions, gathering external market data, and establishing and administering pay plans and structure. It also provides an overview of federal and California compensation laws and regulations. Program Objectives
- Receive helpful tips on how to do an accurate market survey and make the best salary choices for your organization.
- Gain insight on how to pay your executives, both to motivate this important group, and to avoid conflict with your shareholders and board.
Daily Schedule ONE-DAY PROGRAM 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Questions? E-mail us at email@example.com
**These are Seminar prices only and do not apply to the courses offered at SHRM conferences.